Friday 5 September 2014

There and back again (hopefully) - Molly's Hebridean Adventure Day 5

Today was the nicest weather of the trip so far, a day of glorious sunshine.

I drove from Castlebay over the causeway to the adjoining island of Vatersay. I only met 2 people whilst on the island, 2 ladies walking their dogs, but they were very welcoming and chatty. They loved Molly.






I followed a circular walk in a small guide book of the Outer Hebrides I had bought from Ardnamurchan. It started on the most idyllic beach - completely deserted, soft white sand and clear sea. And that is how the walk continued, that was as lovely a morning as I can ever think of. These islands are just stunningly beautiful and unspoilt.

The pictures show various parts of the walk.















In the afternoon I drove up to Northbay and followed a Monty Halls walk. This one was more boggy and cross country but still lovely. Went past a hotel near the end that advertised their bar was open all day but would not open for about an hour when I arrived. Persuaded the young barman to serve me a pint any way, thank God. Had some deep thoughts looking at a pair of binoculars I had from my dad whilst sitting there but I haven't got time or the energy to explain at the moment.






In the evening I went to the Kisimul Cafe for a curry (strange I know but voted one of the best in Scotland). They asked if I would mind sharing a table, which I didn't. Shared with Simon from Worthing in Sussex and Colin from Edinburgh. We had a lovely natter.

Pretty much a perfect day given the confines of being without the people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment